View Single Post
Old Posted May 20, 2019, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
Some equipment appeared for a day or two a couple of months back, and piled up some broken concrete slabs on the Roots Pizza site. I thought that might have been to support a crawler crane—but they usually use brickbats for that. At any rate, nothing further occurred. About six weeks ago, visiting a reprographics place I use, I spotted a roll of plans for the building. No other info, though.
I think that should probably to "rumored" Roots Pizza site. In 2018 they announced that they're "beginning construction" on a site. Nothing happening on THAT corner. There was an amusing incident with graffiti recently (seen on some of the pics) blue paint splashed all over the side of the building to the North. The city sent out there crew with spray bottles which reached maybe 1/3 of it - they left and the rest is still there.

To the building across the street. I like it - nice infill (especially if the rumor that the space can't support many stories is true. This seems odd, since there are much taller buildings right next door. There will be commercial use on the group floor, the brickwork is well done and blends in to the hood. it's OK for what it is.