View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Yea, that is what stuck out to me. The rest was predictable but the area immediately around Ogilvie? That would seem fertile ground for large towers and there isn't a slew of residents around there now as it is I don't think.
Depends on what you mean by a slew, I suppose - but the area has filled out quite a bit in the last 10 years, primarily with residential/hotel developments. Catalyst, Hyatt place, EMME are in the bounds. A lot of K Station is just outside, but very much part of that neighborhood. Lake continues to fill in with the kind of businesses you see in the neighborhoods (money gun,st Lous, old town barber, fitness boutiques). Oriole is in the box. It's hardly river north, but not exactly as sleepy as a lot of people generally assume.

What is odd to me, within those bounds, there are really only 2 sites prime for development: Jefferson/Fulton and Clinton/Lake. The farthest being only a block and a half from the Clinton stop. Those sites are begging for some density, at the very least within the scale of their immediate ~250 ft neighbors 180/200 N Jefferson. River point is 2 blocks from those sites, there is a case for height in that scale as well.