View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 6:55 PM

Hotel size overpowering.......

Hi All,

MonctonRad, as you can notice, (see overhead image) the National Bank building will be close by, just behind the hotel. You can see this now that I've moved the building in the picture from the original Queen St location to Grafton St.

It will certainly be taller than the other buildings but I think it will compliment the area as it is 3 stories higher than the BDC building on Kent St and 4 stories higher than the National Bank building. As you approach the downtown on Universty Ave. you will be able to see the new hotel 4 stories over the top of the National Bank. So, I think it will all blend in well.
I've included a picture of the National Bank building after it's facelift. I'll be glad to see all that "dirty" looking white exterior disappear. It's showing it's age.
I also included a image of what the ol Holman building looks like now. I'll be glad when they start replacing that old gray look.

More pictures coming tomorrow of the Fitroy St, QEH, and I'm trying to find out what is up at UPEI. A large crane, similar to the Fitzroy project has been
building something there this week. If I can't find out, I ask a friend of mine who works in maintenance.

Cheers