View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
I 110% disagree with every word in your post. But to say "height was born in Chicago" just takes the cake as the most ridiculous comment ever made. Chicago did not recieve it's first supertall until the 1960's (John Hancock Center), while NYC already had the ESB, Chrsyler, Woolworth, 70 Pine, 40 Wall, 20 Exchange, 30 Rock, The Chanin Building, The Lincoln Building, must I go on..... You need to re-evaluate all your comments, especially your one about the birth of height with regards to skyscrapers, because it is false.

I don't care about your opinions, (because we all are allowed them) but some of your comments are just downright not true.
most ridiculous comment ever made? cleary you've missed nearly every GWB press conferences since january 2001.

before you bring out your big guns, relax. i'm not long for splitting hairs on where 'height was born' - it's clearly a subjective statement that can be turned upside down and inside out to meet the needs of any attention seeking mouthpiece.

sure, i could be 'techically' wrong, however, i'd place a decent wager that if you canvassed a scientifically releveant segment of the population as to the origin of the skyscraper or 'height', a majority of responsents would likely choose chicago.

for me, it's pretty simple. i'm basing my position on the fact that chicago gave birth to the first steel frame building - an innovation that paved the way for taller buildings and is still the basic formula for skyscrapers today.

game over.