View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 2, 2006, 11:42 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

A Supertall in Miami!

Domo, I don't know in what capacity you work for the City of Miami, but I have no doubt that the city wants a supertall at least to put Miami on a par with other American cities such as Los Angeles, Houston, and Atlanta, all of which have a supertall, though just barely. Supertalls are the Great Pyramids of our time! Presently, Atlanta has the tallest building in the United States outside of New York and Chicago with the Bank of America tower there reaching 1,023 feet with its spire. I have no doubt that there are those working for the city who want Miami to have the prestige of having the tallest building in America outside of New York and Chicago. It's only fitting since we will probably have the 3rd most dynamic skyline in the country in the next 5 years with a stunning waterfront spread topped only by New York and Chicago with the causeways providing a dramatic approach from Miami Beach and Key Biscayne! The MacArthur Causeway (I-395) will eventually take you through a skyscraper canyon as you enter Miami coming from South Beach! What is currently under construction in Miami has already catapulted us into the top ten as soon having one of the most dynamic skylines in the country! I can hardly wait to see how Miami compares in the 2007 World Almanac as it lists tall buildings either built or under construction in North American cities. The long Miami list will be longer than last year's list, and next year's list will be even longer! From my latest count, we are already in 3rd place ahead of Houston with a preponderance of buildings under construction in the 400-500 foot range (I tend to forget to count those, but the World Almanac does {except for New York}) as well as those 500 feet plus. ATLANTIS RISES AGAIN!!!

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Nov 11, 2006 at 6:05 PM.