View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
All the more so now that Superior North as a provincial riding won’t be on the government side for the next while
I think, at this point, the three current projects under construction will be finished as will the bridge project over the Black Sturgeon because they are so far along in construction and planning, as well as property acquisition. The Dorion-Hurkett project is anyone's guess. I think, as of right now, they stand a less-than-even chance of being started in the near term (5-10 years). Thunder Bay-Superior North hasn't been on the Government side provincially for some 5 years now but the twinning projects of Superior Shores/Dorion, Hurkett/Coughlin Road, and Pass Lake/Pearl have both been approved and are all under construction.

I am much more interested in what is going to happen to the west with the Shabaqua extension and Thunder Bay Expressway. Almost the entirety of this route running through the Thunder Bay-Atikokan riding held by the PCs, along with the issues of truck traffic on 102 (and the continuing weekly/daily accidents also in this riding). Given the previous study done on the TB Expressway twinning there might be a good chance that this might be low-hanging fruit to build some PC brand loyalty in their newly taken riding. Also since Kevin Holland (the member for Thunder Bay-Atikokan) is the former mayor of Conmee, through which part of the extension will pass, the optics of being successful for those constituents might also be positive for the current government.

I also wouldn't expect much of this to actually happen until late in the current government's mandate, depending on how the opposition shapes up.

I don't believe that Lise Vaugeois is francophone. I don't believe I ever heard her identify as such in any public place or forum.

Last edited by F. Lionel; Oct 31, 2022 at 5:45 PM. Reason: Answering the question.