View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
Why would the start of 800 Lea hinge on the start of the Ritz Carlton buildings.
It's never been a competition about tall buildings. Yes, some buildings actually went down, but others went up in height like most of the ones at Nashville Yards. That project started out modest and got bigger and then bigger again. You win some and you lose some. I do not keep a score card because it is not important to me. We get what we get. I don't cry over what we don't get.

Why are some of you folks hung up on height. Nashville will not have a building over 750' unless something changes with the FAA period, or someone wants to go over that height and not get insurance.

The reasoning with 800 Lea is he wants to make sure the Ritz project starts before committing to his project. He is being cautious. It's called synergy. One project feeds off another project. It's just like fast food chains or hotels, when one builds others come to the same intersection. I worked in the hotel business for years and that was one of the keys for new development. You did not want to be the new kid at the interchange when developing a suburban hotel. The same sort of held true in Nashville when the Hilton Garden was built up on KVB. They were the first one on that side of SoBro and everyone thought they were crazy.