View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 1:53 PM

A scientific method must prove the results experimentally
First make an observation, create a hypothesis, and draw conclusions and refine the hypothesis.
The scientific method begins with the "observation" of one or more natural phenomena which are constantly repeated and we take them for granted.
The following is a hypothesis of a model based on the "observations" we have made before, examining new data resulting from the synthesis of the natural phenomena of the hypothetical model.
Then we examine <experimally> the data resulting from the synthesis of the natural pThe more experiments and hypotheses are repeated and agreed upon, the more the approach to reality and truth is enhanced.
I noticed that
1) If we screw an object on the floor it does not tip over.
2) If we compress a stack of unbound books then we can move them without breaking the stack even in a horizontal position.
3) I noticed that a part of an iron scaffolding alone can not even stand upright, while if we connect it to another with a cross link it is very difficult to overturn.
4) I noticed that when we lift a car with a mechanical jack on soft ground, first the ground recedes until it condenses and then lifts the car. I also noticed that as long as the jack lifts the car it is impossible to pull it out and take it out from under the car by hand.
5) I noticed that when the branches of the trees bend in the elastic area, one side of them stretches and grows and the other side of them compresses and shrinks. But I noticed that if you put a string in a shooting bow it loses its elasticity in one direction, and if you join the two bow bows together they become rigid.
6) I noticed that a wood rod before it breaks has an elastic deformation in which no cracks are observed, and if we remove the force that causes the deformation, the rod will return to its original form.
7) I noticed that the trains have front and rear springs or hydraulic systems to absorb the stresses that develop when they collide with each other.
I take these <observations> for granted because they are constantly repeated in our daily lives.
Based on the above data <observations> I constructed a <hypothetical> seismic model which mainly aims to stop the inelastic deformation of the vertical structural elements of the structures, as well as their total or partial overturning.
The constructions consist of the vertical and the horizontal structural elements of the bearing organism, which are joined in the nodes and necessarily the deformation of one is transferred to the other.
Deformation of the joints can occur either from the tendency of the columns to overturn, or from the bending of their trunk. If the bend is within the elastic range there is no problem, so we must prevent inelastic displacement and tipping moment if we do not want failures.
1) I stopped the overturning moment of the walls by joining their base to the ground.
2) In order not to cut their trunk near the base by the abrupt displacement of the ground (cutting base) I imposed compression on their cross section.
3) I used walls instead of pillars so that they do not tip over easily and put a lot of strain on the mechanism of the anchoring in the ground. To have a reversal reaction in both directions of displacement caused by the rocking of the earthquake, I anchored the sides of the wall to the ground on both sides.
4) I made a similar mechanism like the mechanical jack of the car, which under hydraulic traction expands and tightens firmly in the ground at the depths of a borehole to then anchor with the help of a tendon the base of the wall to the ground.
5) In the rigid wall, in which in its cross section there are imaginary, the two joined arches, I applied pressure on its two sides with tendons without relevance to stop its inelastic deformation.
6) By imposing compression on the cross section of the wall, its elasticity is not lost and it does not form cracks.
7) To help the cross-sections of the walls to receive part of the elastic stresses, removing these stresses from the anchoring mechanisms, and on the other hand to smoothly and not abruptly dampen the stresses of the mechanisms, I placed a hydraulic system on the upper part of the tendon. or a spring or a tire.
Experiments
I did two separate experiments with the same experimental model but under different conditions.
The first is prestressed and packed with the seismic base and the second simulates the current seismic design.
With my own design method
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoM5pEy7n9Q&t=8s
With the trampled method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-X4tF9C7SE&t=57s
The conclusion is yours to make.
The strengths of the mechanism in different sizes, placed at different depths and types of soils, remain to be investigated.
Anchoring the mechanism to the rock is considered safe.