View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 4:14 PM

Rendering of the proposed hotel. Nothing special but it's up on the hill so the views will be amazing and a nice infill on a current parking lot. Curious to know what restaurant ends up going in. This is the same company building the Hyatt Place hotel in Prince George.

Four points by , on Flickr

Quote:
A Kamloops hotelier is expanding and renovating in Aberdeen to capitalize on conferences.

Ron Mundi, owner of more than a dozen hotels from Kamloops to Edmonton, will construct a $17-million, five-storey Four Points by Sheraton adjacent to the Coast Kamloops Hotel and Conference Centre, which he owns at 1250 Rogers Way.

“Many times, when I have a conference coming, I don’t have enough room,” Mundi told KTW. “So that reason made our mind. Our land size is a seven-acre property. I have extra land on the north side in front of On the Rocks Pub. I thought: new hotel, more upscale and a different unique idea.”

The hotel will be built on land currently used for overflow parking and will include 99 rooms, a 75-seat restaurant, underground parking and executive suites on the top floor geared at high-end clientele.

A development permit was approved by city council on Tuesday and Mundi said he hopes to break ground in March of 2020 and open the hotel in March of 2021.
Mundi purchased the property, formerly the Kamloops Towne Lodge, in 2011 and invested $9 million into the facility. Meeting space was the focus, he said, with the hotel hosting conferences and eventually needing more space — both for attendees to stay and to host.

In addition to constructing the new hotel — which Mundi said will still not provide enough room for some of the larger conferences — Mundi is opening theatre space in the Coast up to meetings and conferences. He said the theatre was empty most of the time and there was a shortage of meeting space. Mundi anticipates the total value of the property to be in the $50-million range upon completion.