View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
So this is interesting:

https://tempeyimby.wordpress.com/

I've been waiting for a local "Yes In My Backyard" (YIMBY) group to start, and Tempe appears to be the place. I'm not sure who's behind this, although on the "join" link there's a notice saying the form was created at ASU.

I checked in on the militantly anti-development Maple-Ash-Farmer-Wilson Facebook group to see their reaction, but the members appear to be too busy debating recent police controversies to have noticed.
Hey, that's us! We're still in the early phases of organizing. Right now we're a small group of ASU students who are passionate about urban issues in Tempe. We're hoping to start getting more people involved and will probably be having some meetups/events soon.

So far the Maple-Ash-Farmer-Wilson Facebook group hasn't heard of us but we are growing our social media presence and will be showing up to city meetings. Having the NIMBYs over there notice us would be a big milestone for us.

Anyways, if you or anyone you know is interested in getting involved you can go to the "Join" section on our webpage or shoot us an email at TempeYIMBY@gmail.com. Also feel free to follow us on Twitter (@YIMBYTempe) or like our FB page .