View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 4:18 AM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
I was in Nashville over the Labor Day weekend visiting family and I love all the development that I saw. Some of the vistas of the Nashville skyline from various points are just amazing. And, there is such a buzz and vibrancy in the city.

But if Nashville doesn't do something quick to relieve traffic congestion the city will be at full gridlock in the not too distant future. One thing that I've noticed is that traffic is much heavier on all major thoroughfares throughout Davidson County. ……….
And, I won't begin to discuss all the arteries leading into downtown like Main Street, West End/Broadway, Charlotte Pike. Oh, and Green Hills is a disaster in terms of traffic. ……..
One thing that I wish Nashville would consider doing is adding signage along the interstates on the approach into Nashville that announces the city.
Traffic! Yeah, I know.

The only remedies impending that I know of are plans to add lanes to I-440 in spots to make it a continuous six-lane highway (three in each direction) and a longer term project to widen Charlotte Pike to five lanes with sidewalks etc. from White Bridge Road to Old Hickory Blvd (not sure which OHB though).

Downtown, SoBro and the Gulch will always be a cluster foul up with tourists on bikes, foot, scooters, pedal taverns, tour buses, and the ubiquitous construction trucks and lane closures.

They are working to route Interstate 40 traffic on I-840. I think they should charge tolls to trucks that travel through Nashville when they could use 840 to go across the state. Truck traffic is maybe the worst impact on traffic as I once learned Tennessee had four of the five most heavily truck traveled cities in America.