View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 29, 2021, 12:03 AM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilto...gore-park.html

On to its, what, 15th iteration now? 6 storeys with retention of heritage facades and a new urban laneway type space where #30 used to be.

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilto...gore-park.html

Hopefully it actually happens this time.
YAWN.. I'll believe it when i see it.. Every time I went downtown I questioned what was going on here - I'd see lights on inside so it seems like they have been doing interior work at least all this time.. it's such a shame that the east end has been graffitied and is crumbling so much though..

that alley is just gonna become a haven for crackheads.. unless they really light it up.. and its not like the back area is very attractive - what exactly is this laneway going to lead to..?

I agree.. It's a missing tooth that needs to be filled. There should be NO empty spaces in any of these areas.. but I am sure in future it probably will be.

Beautiful render though.. I really hope it goes through. This strip so sorely deserves love. Personally id fence off that alley and make it cafe only accessible.

They got a looot of work to do to clean up the facade though.. and stone like that doesn't stay clean for long.. look at the royal connaught stone they cleaned before putting back up - already getting restained.. that stuff should get routinely sodablasted as much as one routinely cleans windows...

I do loove the hardwoord floors (or laminate) in the render though - they made it look very pretty for sure.. and I like how it feels like one entire building now. The modern top fits well with the ancient bottom.. I really think hamilton needs to do more of that - but with new construction - make an old facade bottom and top it with glass - some of our most beautiful remodelings have been that. Love the little cozy rooftop patio in the middle too.