Thread: Flamborough
View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett.electrician View Post
Wow! I just read through this entire thread. Some people on here really have it in for suburbanities. Just a couple of questions. Why should people living in a rural place pay equal taxes to those living in the inner city? Shouldn't your taxes be based on the services you recieve? Why is there such a level of hatred expressed by certian member of the fourm towards the residents of flambourgh? What have they ever done to you? Isn't it true they were forced into amalgamation? If so of course they aren't going to be happy. Do the people of Flambourgh even feel a connection to Hamilton? I.E do they shop there, go to school or use the services?
Yeah I feel your pain. I live downtown and wish I could create a little village consisting of just me and only paying for the services I use. I've never received welfare, so I don't see why I should contribute to the 20% the city does. I amost never take the bus anymore (although I once did in high school, undergrad and grad school), just like somebody out in Flamborough, so why should I contribute to that too? Hell I spend 35% of my time in Europe, so why should I pay for things like police services when I'm not even here? I like this picking and choosing of services based exactly on what I use. Sign me up!