View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 3:24 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
True, which is why Midtown needs a new signature tower. None of these towers are the new ESB; that designation will have to wait.

But it's coming. We'll eventually get a new focal point for Midtown, probably at 2,000 ft.
I think its coming in time. NY seems to go the route of plateaus. Its becoming somewhat common for towers over 1398 ft to be proposed or rise. A lot of the super talls built or u/c have around that figure in Midtown. Its a slow accession upwards.

What I'm leading to is we'll probally see something within 1600-1700, than 1700-1800, before see see a solid 600m tower.

I hope I'm wrong, and a developer with guts and an ego goes for the coveted 600m group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
But if it has much higher floorplates, and space between floors, it could be bigger than 1 Vandy while having less leasable square ft. Chrysler Building has like 1.2 million square ft. of leasable space but is tiny compared to these towers, because space was built different back then.

Also, we don't know the size. We've only been told over 1 million sq. ft. And keep in mind there's no space near street level, unlike Vanderbilt. The bulk is basically all above 400 ft.
True. Yeah because I was also thinking that it might be negative if its too big. Just because of the commitments that would be needed for it to make sense. Like if this was 2 mil-sq ft, I would not be as confident given the competition for office tenants versus 1 mil-sqft or close to it. Unless they throw in some other functionalities aka mixed used.