View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskojoe View Post
I was presented with an offer to license one of my photos by a financial investment start up. The agreement goes as follows:

This agreement between licensor and licensee is exclusive. The Licensor agrees to not enter into
separate license agreements with third parties interested in using the same image(s) listed in
Attachment A.

By this agreement, the licensor allows the licensee to use, display, and publish the image(s) listed in
Attachment A in any commercial, personal, non-profit or editorial projects involving advertising, print
media, web site publication, or broadcast as chosen by the licensee.

The usage will be perpetual. Licensor represents that he is the sole owner of the copyright of the
image(s) listed in Schedule A, and upon execution of this agreement licensor remains the sole owner of
the copyright of the image(s) listed in Attachment A. No transfer of intellectual property is made by this
agreement.

As good and valuable consideration for this agreement, the licensee agrees to pay the licensor a lump
sum of $250.

Just wanting to get peoples opinions of this arrangement. Personally I think it is a bit low for what they are asking.

This is the photo in question:

Sam Houston Statue by DiskoJoe, on Flickr
I'd find out what they plan on doing with the image. If they are using it for a nation wide print campaign then 250 is way low. If they are going to use it for a single print brochure then 250 might be about right. Has anyone tried fotquote or blinbid estimating software?

On a side note, I was contacted by a company for use of one of my Denver skyline shots. They offered around 300. So 250 might be in the range depending on how they use it.