View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 12, 2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
Im not trying to portray an entire region, like Ive said before, when you are in the towns, rednecks are definately a minority, but in the country, they are def the majority.
Yeah, I unfortunately have to take your word on that. Full disclosure... I think being African- American in Arkansas is just a different experience than being white... in many, many ways. The people in my community are very strong and proud. They would never associate themselves with the types of people in these photos. It's a mixture of equal parts disgust and fear. Even in the small towns, a predominantly black area isn't going to be very "nice looking", but you're never going to have useless trash strewn out in all directions. These people really do live in a junkyard, and it is sad. I mourn with you for having to endure that experience. And I guess I'm quite thankful that I grew up avoiding these people in my daily life (for the most part).

For politics, check out my blog Texas Leftist