View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2015, 2:18 AM
ride or die

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
I haven't been following. However, the future of HSR as a serious investment in the United States of America rests on your shoulders Texas. I hope you don't fuck up. Good luck and make a good impression. Don't be the next Florida or California.
How exactly is it accurate to state that Texas is the future of HSR in America? And How is California HSR's fate similar to Florida's?

CAHSR is already partially funded to $6B and committed to the ground, which is already saying much more than that of Texas, and the first 100 miles is being built as we speak (albeit the easiest 100 miles as it goes through the pancake-flat Central Valley). Preparations are currently being made for the construction of viaducts in Madera County. Does Texas HSR have a single shovel in the ground yet?

Also, as with Texas, California's HSR has not ruled out private bidding from Japan or Europe contributing to the remainder of its funding. If anything CAHSR's far larger ridership would be a more reliable guarantor of large international financiers and preliminary results bear this out with robust expressions of interest from many potential investors or future legs and trainset/equipment acquisition.

I think it's great that Texas also has a consortium eager to bring this technology to the states, but let's at least be accurate about what we're saying.