View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
5-story office/commercial building planned by RPG at 13th and Diamond

Link here:
https://myarchitecture.build/project...fice-building/
I'm not sure if this is directly related to the above project or not, but I did see that a portion of the lot at 13th and Diamond is fenced-off and contains dirt last Saturday. There were also a bunch of Temple trucks within the fencing, so I assumed that the neighborhood health center that Temple proposed a few years back was finally starting up.

I think that an office building at 13th and Diamond makes more sense than it initially seems. As an alumnus of the Fox School of Business, such a building could make for a great incubator space for Fox students with budding business ideas. It could lead to more opportunities for North Philly further down the line.

Also, not only do I absolutely LOVE the design of the building at 7th and Germantown, but I also absolutely LOVE that a building is rising at that location! With all of the development to the east, west, and south, it's about time that Germantown Avenue receives something massive. A redeveloped Germantown Avenue would not only make living in Norris Square, South Kensington, and Ludlow--all of which lack a strong commercial corridor--more exciting, but it may push development to the north.

Temple University '18 ']['