View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2009, 6:30 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Anyways, I've been experimenting with my world tower. I used several materials to create the glass and metal of the globes.

1) I made every material. I just edited the colors. I feel like the globe is too reflective and doesn't look like real glass or metal.

2) I really like the way the tallest sphere looks but the larger spheres look bad. Better than the first one though. I used a plastic material and changed the color.

3) I used colored-aluminum textures for this one. I kinda like the way the biggest sphere looks but it's not reflective enough. The tallest sphere is okay. The base spheres are okay too.

Okay, I'm not all the way done. But I was just playing around. Once I make floors for the biggest sphere, I'll make renderings where people will see a difference. I can't decide whether I want the base spheres to be just glass or if they will actually have floors in them. Maybe each can have an atrium or something. But there would be no point of an atrium in the base spheres since there's already atrium's between the legs of the tower.

Anyone got any tips?

EDIT: Look at the small person on the bottom left corner. This tower is 2,000 ft tall. Imagine what the Burj Dubai would look like next to a person! Holy gees!

Last edited by Aleks; Jun 27, 2009 at 8:10 PM.