View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 9:34 PM

I lived in thee building just north of the one on Lucknow and it was definitely well built, interesting layout, long skinny apartment with hallway from one end to the other. entry into a living room that I used as a dining room with a china cabinet and a love seat as well, down the hall bath on right and further a small bedroom on the right - big enough to take my queen size and dresser and then what would have been the master I used as an office/living room with desk cabinets and sofa. i painted it in greys and it was quite charming . The kitchen had space for a small table and one wall with metal cupboards - there was a design show on TV one day had the same metal cabinets and the designer made a big fuss about them, then went on thru the reno and came back again to ridicule the cabinets - nice pantry off the kitchen as well. They were owned by a company by the name of Smith, same company that years earlier were into fish and had a warehouse on the waterfront - I had seen a picture of it - nice people who ran things well but were not enlarging their business - I felt I was paying fair rent, not financing the growth of the company as they expanded their portfolio.