View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Following up on the "Psycho" building, details on the actual bids...
Sorry for so many posts. I'll stop after this one.

Looking at the list, the Sunbelt/Hansji/SmithGroup combination looks like our Council's wet dream. Also, seeing that generating revenue for the city is a criteria of the RFP... and those future earnings should potentially impact the city's budget and, thus, our level of service, shouldn't we be allowed access to these proposals as indirect stakeholders? I know, I know... I just want to know MORE!

• Red Development LLC: NO! We need another entity managing the development of a major property to ensure RED keeps CityScape and Colliers up to market. They've also shown they can't develop a true urban space, and I feel as though they'll leave the remaining property untouched as they have with the remaining CityScape pad; focus on making Colliers a worthwhile destination, please.
• Michael Levine/ Levine Machine LLC: I trust Levine more than anyone to develop something that is 'right' for the Barrister building, but does he have that much experience developing empty parcels? I question his ability to integrate his Barrister ideas into a larger project.
• Ventra Group LLC. - Not seeing any urban designs in their portfolio.
• Equus Group Inc. - My preliminary vote; really impressive resume of urban residential projects, mixed use projects, sustainable projects, etc.
• Crescent Bay Development Services/Crescent Bay Holdings; Sunbelt Holdings; HHLuhrs, LLC/Hansji Corp.; SmithGroupJJR. - NO! Hansji has been a complete disappointment in their development of the Luhrs property; yes, the economy tanked, but restoration aside, they weren't able to attract any big tenants for the office portions, had only a Subway as a retail tenant for 5+ years, and have struggled to get even one of their original 3 towers off the ground - a hotel in an in-demand market; SmithGroupJR turned out a terrible design for Central Station that met the bare minimum requirements of the RFP and I think this site deserves more creativity. A shame Sunbelt couldn't partner with another team.
• PB Bell/Davis Enterprises Collaboration. - I'll let others comment on DAVIS; from what I have read, for example: his attitude and proposal for The Row, I'm not a fan. And PB Bell sounds like a suburban designer and an urban, master plan is needed here.
• Desco Arizona LLC. - unsure who this is?