View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 7, 2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
at the end of the day, NYC has more people and more buildings. But as a person that does the nightlife, our rooftops in DTLA, WeHo, and Hollywood have the vibe, energy, and the people all year round. I used to live in NYC too, and trust our rooftops are nice.
yes, but I'm surprised the desire to be out on a rooftop, separated from city sidewalks below, is common all over the place. Even more so when the weather makes such settings not necessarily all that positive in some parts of the US....brrr, trying to have a nightlife outside hundreds of ft above on a cold winter rooftop?

I notice the first one shown in nyc has a nice vibe about it because of the grapevines...plantings. but maintaining such features must be harder to do in a city like that....LA's weather makes such things easier to create & maintain, which are why the local rooftop do have a friendlier vibe...

Video Link

Video Link

The perch at 5th & Hill can keep something like this going yr round. but in places like nyc it apparently is more of a seasonal thing....

Video Link

Video Link