View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastSupertall View Post
Depending on your penchant for douche, these are on my list:

Hollywood: Mama Shelter, Yamashiro (not really a "roof"), The Highlight Room

Weho: Skybar, Pearl's, EP/LP, The Roof on Wilshire, Soho if you can get in, Andaz (requires being "a guest")

BH: Rooftop by JG at the Waldorf is over the top, Caulfield's has a decent roof

I'm sure you have the DTLA spots, but I'll throw in my favorite under-rated ones: Bonaventure Brewing is kind of low-key shabby but you have an entire deck with a lawn pretty much to yourself in the middle of DTLA. Westin Bonaventure rotating restaurant, WP24, and the lobby bar at the WG
Rooftop at top of Wilshire Grand is pretty nice. Definitely high with good view. Indoor top level of US Bank also spectacular & about 100' higher than Wilshire Grand. You look down on most of WG except for the spire. Rotating room at top of Bonaventure has a nice view, although only at 350' or so, so you look up at the towers around you. Monty's steakhouse in Westwood used to have a good view, but it may have closed years ago. Not sure. Wish they would build an aerial tram to the top of Mt. Wilson (or Mt. Lowe) & build a hotel & restaurant up there. The early 2oth century railway up Mt. Lowe was a HUGE tourist attraction. Something like that (or aerial tram) could work today. That would be a great place to eat & lodge with a nice view. The drive to Wilson on the winding road takes too long. The Griffith Observatory should have a nice restaurant. Nice view up there.

Last edited by CaliNative; Dec 6, 2019 at 11:10 PM.