View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
I have a suspicion that immigration will slow down substantially in the next few years. The Trump admin has done a lot to crimp legal immigration, and then regardless of what happens in 2020 there is likely to be a recession. Beyond that is anyone's guess, but with immigration such a hot topic politically, it could be impossible to bring numbers back up to what they were originally.

This could be the beginning of the US's long predicted population peak, IMO. Coming a lot sooner than anticipated, which is worrying. I was hoping we'd crack 400 million but I guess not.
As far as current legal immigration levels go I have heard different things from different sources. Some publications say that legal immigration has declined under Trump while restrictionist will say Trump has kept the status quo.

I'd like to see the official numbers we let in each year. Trump's seems to be in favor of a merit based immigration system, and as Canada shows would probably lead to an increase in overall Asian immigration.