View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 26, 2007, 6:24 PM

Thank you all for the nice comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyLL View Post
I really like the Libeskind addition to DAM... at least from the outside. Will be going to the museum (inside) for the first time this Saturday...Did you have to get special permission to take the photos of the artwork? You do a great job of representing Denver DA! Excellent photos
You are too kind, thank you! You can take photos of the DAM collection as long as no flash is used. Hence the poor quality with some of Impressionists work, no flash and no tripod, mixed with tons of folks bumping into you is not my ideal environment. However, in the temporary modern contemporary exhibits and especially those here on tour from the Louve in Paris, no photos are allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
Ewww, the belvedere, the beaumont, and the prado... how could you show these monstrocities in an art muesum thread? J/K! I've been looking forward to another DA thread, this one definitely didn't disappoint. The museum condos are a pretty cool addition next to the art museum expansion, it looks very interesting. I always love seeing the turn of the century housing and building stock of cities, especially cities like Denver.
I like the Beauvallon and the Belvedere but still undecided on the Prado. It was supposed to have statues on it, like at least a dozen. I am so glad they didn't do it as it would look like it belonged in Vegas at Ceasar's Palace. There are several other buildings going in this area that will be in that 10 to 20 floor range and all are very different from one another. It will be interesting to watch as it all develops.