View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 7:43 AM

So you haven't explicitly stated "this is fact". That doesn't change your arrogant assumptions and the objective tone in your posts. I don't think I've seen a lot of "think" "believe" or "personally" from you, it's either it is or it isn't. It's not surprising that I'm not the only one who thinks of you this way, is it?

I am not interested in statistics about the intelligence of the city as a whole because city vs. city comparisons are very difficult to compare especially when talking about traditional development to a unique multi-nodal development like LA. Either way, I'd think the huge immigrant population in LA has something to do with this difference, do you not? Besides, there are many more determinants of good food and quality food scenes along with cultural scenes that you're dismissing completely... you're simplifying a not-so-simple discussion with generalizations AGAIN, what a surprise!

Same goes for young professionals and white collared jobs - I agree that statistically you're correct, but what does this have to do with the quality of culture here? There still are still vibrant cultures that thrive here that you seem to ignore and I find it quite pretentious and arrogant of you to assume that the number of yuppies is a measure of cultural significance in a city; one doesn't need to be a yuppie or in a white collared job to understand the importance of culture. Hell, my mother is an immigrant with no college education, and she's more in tune with her culture than anyone else I know. Unless you're prescribing a hierarchy to cultures that suggests the one belonging to the WASPs and yuppies are more valuable than some others...?

And no, I do not have a vendetta, and it's not personal. I would think that after this amount of negative responses you've gotten to your ill-received posts in this thread that you'd have gotten the idea already?