View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2008, 10:44 PM

Bedford

Since its in my name i figure i should keep people up to date with whats new in Bedford so heres some;

-Bedford Commons construction is ongoing. Maybe a dozen stores open now.

-The Lawtons in Mill Cove is now open. Work continues on the medical offices for the upper floor,

-On the waterfront infilling continues and they are now flattening the ground for the extension of the boardwalk,

-Dockside is approximately 60% sold,

-Sunnyside Mall has two new stores. A Superciti (?) Entertainment and Uncommon Kids Gear,

-And the old rail crossing at Shore Drive and Meadowbrook Drive is being torn up. The former community centre was for sale until recently. I imagine this might be tied into the redevelopment. Either that or CN was tired of having pavement on its tracks.

EDIT: I emailed Councillor Outhit tonight and got a response within an hour about what is happening to the Commnity Centre area. He says that the future of the Community Centre is still unknown and that a community survey will be conducted this fall. He also said the work on the railway crossing is simply to remove the barrier. It is going to be replaced with a permnament barrier (instead of the concrete that used to be there).

Last edited by Dmajackson; Oct 30, 2008 at 12:17 AM.