View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX City-State View Post
I agree with you on Philly--it has all the elements of a great food city--from foie gras to cheese steaks and everything in between. Pittsburgh is good in a different sort of way.

I'll leave Pennsylvania alone, but I still take issue with this list. Arizona? Great Mexican food granted, but I was in Tucson a couple of weeks ago and was shocked at the lack of variety. There's one Thai restaurant in Tucson. Phoenix isn't much better. Georgia ahead of Louisiana? What typifies Georgia cuisine?

What frustrates me more is the wine destinations. North Carolina is ahead of Washington, which produces some of the best reds outside of Europe. Missourri tied with Oregon? Oregon has some of best pinots in the world. When was the last time you saw a Missourri wine at a NYC restaurant?
One Thai restaurant in Tucson??? You're kidding, right? Perhaps you were just overgeneralizing - Trust me - there's more than one Thai restaurant in Tucson, and yes, there's also more variety than just Mexican food (and the one Thai restaurant).