View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2019, 3:08 AM

Being as "objective" as possible, I'd say that Ontario is below average when it comes to geographical interest among all the places I've been to in my life, but definitely not at the bottom.

Southern Ontario is more geographically dull than Northern Ontario, but even the flattest, most agriculturally dull parts are close to a Great Lake, which counts for something, since there are few places on earth where you will find a freshwater body that you could confuse for the sea.

However, the lack of landscape and topographical variation over large distances kind of sucks. It still boggles my mind that 693 m above sea level is the tallest point in a land mass of over a million square kilometers.

I'd like to see more of Northern Ontario, but the most interesting parts are very far away. It would take about the same amount of effort/time/money for me to get to Thunder Bay and do exploring around there as it would for me to go to the canyons of southern Utah, which is a place I really want to explore.