View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Mind View Post
While I love the idea, I am concerned at the activity levels of the vancouver (oops, I mean British Columbia) section. I wouldn't want it to be considered a dead project because of a lack of activity in certain sections.
I think that if activity were to wane in the BC section, we could bridge BC and Alberta as one forum. Certainly between those two there would be enough to chat about

Quote:
Question: Did you choose Vancouver because the webmaster lives across the Strait of Georgia?
Yeah, we're HQ'd in Victoria, but we did it because the Vancouver forum is pretty active and has a lot of dedicated forumers. Of course it never hurts to be across the Strait if we need to yell at one of you guys

Quote:
Also, I don't know if this is possible but; If we make a topic in one section, yet it relates to, or would also belong in another section, can we have an option to link a thread to that section as well?

For instance, a development in the Downtown Eastside would both fit under Urban Issues and Downtown Vancouver Construction. A topic about the Streetcar Network could also have the potential of fitting under Heritage, Transportation and Infrastructure, and once again Downtown Vancouver Construction. Could even fit into the Rest of Vancouver Construction category depending on whether the topic becomes about extending the network or not.
This is something that would be worked out by the poster and the mods. Typically speaking, when it comes to discussions on VibrantVictoria the most important aspect of a discussion dictates where it will go. Trolley's are an infrastructure issue, and even though they impact heritage, they are significantly more related to the movement of individuals than they are to heritage issues (even though the two may overlap). And if the topic spins off lots of side discussions, it wouldn't hurt to have a topic started in another section (like "Trolleys: heritage impacts") for example, which deals with completely different issues than the infrastructure topic would. I think given a few weeks people will generally grasp where discussions should be located and mods will provide a bit of help when threads are posted where they don't quite fit.

Quote:
Also, might want a separate section for the Tri-Cities area, that way all of the Metro is categorized under a topic, and the rest of the Fraser Valley is simply the parts that aren't included in the metro.
Will do. So I'll add the Tri-Cities area up to the sections.

Thanks.