View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 8:41 PM
Babylon falling

NBA Expansion/Relocation will not be to Nashville or LV

It will be to Seattle or San Diego. Seattle is obvious due to them becoming Bay Area 2.0 and already having a viable Sonics franchise taken away 11 years ago.

Let me explain SD. It is by far the biggest US metro with only 1 sports team. It is the most wide open sports market in the nation. All we have is MLB. Metro area is 3.7 million with another 2.2 million in Tijuana (growing middle class there it isn't a dusty border town dump anymore).

Nash hasn't even hit 2 million metro yet and they have 2 sports which compete with NBA in Fall thru Spring (NFL/NHL). MLB doesn't overlap with NBA at all.

Las Vegas same thing slightly bigger metro with NFL and NHL. Now lets think about the viability of the LV economy going forward in the "Viral New Normal" their economy isn't nearly diverse enough. This will be a very rough decade for them.

Which industry is almost guaranteed to do will in this new paradigm? BIOTECH, guess who is booming right now in this Sector..... SD

We have enough tech to carry us through, Military Industrial Complex and all the associated war machine companies etc. So that is my case for why SD would get a team before Nash/LV.