View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 24, 2015, 3:48 AM

First off, taking the conversation from the main Philly thread, there's no reason to believe these renderings will be such a dramatic change from what the final product will be.

And I have to say that I actually like the large warehouse-style windows and metal panels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Looks like they're trying to blend contemporary and traditional elements, which could turn out interesting; I actually DO NOT think they are trying to evoke the 1920's. (Which to me is a good thing because the last time Dranoff and BLTa tried to do that, we got the Symphony House - but apparently I'm in the minority in disliking it). But yea, they're clearly making this design to be different from the SLS.

The height is very nice for this area. But it kills me that nearly every single high rise proposal since the new zoning code was enacted has required legislative rezoning. I don't get why a not-even 300 foot tower can't be built by right at this location. 1900 Chestnut and 1911 Walnut are also zoned CMX-4. All these lots should have been CMX-5 in the first place.

Lastly, the Starbucks there is pretty busy, despite their being several others nearby. I hope they have at least a small retail space. Broad Street needs it.