View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 8:12 PM
Frequent Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
So with the agreement between SOHO and the CA Theatre developers downtown now has 5 prominent towers approved yet not under construction: 7th/Market, Holland Group Courthouse Redev on Broadway, 1st and Beech, Alexan Little Italy, and CA Theatre.

5 being very confident construction will begin in this cycle and 1 being improbable let's gauge your confidence on each of these towers:

7th/Market: 5 Cisterra is solid financing will be announced shortly

Holland Group: 4 time table seems a bit longer due to it being Government land, and they announced construction wouldn't begin until middle of next year

1st and Beech: 3 , Who is this Willmark Company? Have they ever built a tower? This thing has been approved since mid 2016 so three years now. They did just get approval to add more units so maybe that is a sign they are serious and now will get financing soon.

Alexan: 5 Solid company they always follow through have already done one mid rise in East Village

CA Theatre: 3 Company seems really serious wants to be a catalyst on C street have hung in there and fought it out. Don't know if they have ever built a major tower like this before so they are newbies.

---------

In all these 5 towers will transform out Skyline along with Manchester Pac we will have a skyline to be proud of Alexan and 1st Beech will bring height to a part of town that really needs it and CA Theatre also will add nice bulk to that section of towers on North East end of downtown.

Our skyline will have 3 solid clusters of towers: East Village, Waterfront, and Symphony Towers Core
I'm not confident of anything until I see a building topped out. That said, I'm most optimistic about 7th/Market and Alexan. I'm also optimistic about CA Theatre, but I think I'm confusing optimism with excitement.