View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2010, 9:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
Again, I would focus on the intra-regional (LA and Bay Area) sections; each of those areas has legitimate traffic issues already and each area expects substantial growth. Palmdale, IE, OC to DT LA should be quite heavily used if priced correctly. Since the Peninsula doesn't want the train, I would just upgrade the existing service, and focus on SJ-Oakland-Sacto, which has train connections but they are very slow and with multiple stops.
I'm among those who are indifferent to many of these stories and to the increased resistance. This pattern of initial support that is gradually replaced with vociferous opposition has been repeated with every reinvestment proposal that has come from the President and from those aligned with him.

I do agree very much with Pesto that working on the intraregional service before the backbone Initial Operating Segment is preferable, even though doing so may be less profitable in the short term.

The car and highway problems are probably more immediate than the airplane issues.