Luxury condo project set for Riverview

Development to be built near golf course, overlooking river

Times & Transcript (Moncton)
Sat 10 Feb 2007
Page: A3
Section: NEWS
Byline: By Nina Chiarelli Times & Transcript Staff
Source:

Construction is set to begin this spring on a new luxury condo development in Riverview.

The development will be built near the Moncton Golf & Country Club on Coverdale Road, overlooking the Petitcodiac River and downtown Moncton.

Joe Spataro, owner of Primo Tile, said phase one of construction should begin this spring on two four-storey apartment buildings.

"As soon as I'll be able to dig the ground, I'll start," he said.

The luxury condos, geared towards adults and seniors, will also offer underground parking, something new to Riverview, and certainly a big draw for new owners.

In fact, without even so much as a shovel in the ground, Spataro said he's already got one booking.

Brenda Orchard, Riverview economic development officer said yesterday she believes the development is going to be great for Riverview.

"I'm very excited. It's going to have a view of the golf course and view of downtown and it will be our first apartment building with underground parking. That will be a very good feature," she said.

The two buildings will offer several choices to apartment hunters, including one- and two-bedroom apartments, as well as one- and two-bedroom suites.

Each building is likely to be about 60,000 square feet with the individual units ranging from 1,200 to 1,500 square feet. There will also likely be future developments on site, Spataro said, such as some commercial offerings.

The plans must first go before the Greater Moncton Planning District Commission, but Spataro said he's expecting to be ready for move in later this fall.