View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 25, 2010, 5:16 AM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscapes View Post
I'm not really pleased with the paving job they did. Its well done and all, but it should have gone all the way to the overpass where University goes over McFarland which is very poorly paved. I drive that stretch of road almost everyday and its in horrible shape, not a good first impression of campus to those coming from that direction.

Also, are there any plans to put the utilities underground? The new nursing school looks amazing but the power lines are distracting.
Well, you have to take into consideration that resurfacing of concrete can be very expensive, and given that there has been a lot of shifting with those slabs in recent years, I'd gander to say that it's more than the University can afford at the time. They're not gonna replace that surface with asphalt, as it would be ruined a year or two after it was finished. Concrete is a good surface, so hopefully they'll find some way to repair it in the coming years.

I don't know if there are, though I'm sure it's on their list of things to do. I think we've been over this in this thread before, but I think the main problem is who owns the land between the main part of campus and the nursing building. It would seem that someone else owns the land between 2nd Ave and the nursing building. I don't know for sure though.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State