View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 15, 2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantj View Post
Hi guys. I'm the creator of these models and I appreciate all your commentary. These threads have been a supreme resource in helping me keep the models updated for ongoing projects, the models are based on the building diagrams and drawings submitted by the developers to the city. But as you all know, there are many projects with unreleased designs so I left placeholders at those sites.

Scalziand: that's also a hypothetical model for a project Macklowe is building at the corner of Second Avenue and 59th. It's said to be fairly tall. Also, the World-Wide tower at the corner of 60th and Lexington is also a hypothetical massing model (just approximated at around 800') and there's another massing volume in the foreground at 1059 Third Avenue which is around 500' tall. I'll accurately replace them all once a rendering is uncovered.

I have most of the Hudson Yards and Downtown towers done and can't wait to share those with you soon.

Sorry if the models are not 100% accurate like the developer's renders, but I don't have access to the full building plans, often all I have are zoning diagrams showing general massing, overall building height and the official released render(s), so that makes it pretty tricky to get it perfect. But for an overall view of NYC, I think it's a pretty decent model of the city.
Thank you for creating them: I think I speak for everyone when I say they are greatly appreciated.