View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2010, 6:11 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
I disagree. That belongs to 7 WTC. This thing... well yeah I don't have anything nice to say so I won't say anything at all.
no, 7WTC doesn't contribute to the skyline as much as GS does. in skyline / panorama photos you can barely see 7WTC whereas GS plays a major role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskyline View Post
keep in mind that this building was undoubtedly designed for what the area will look like in a few years rather than what it looks like now. When the Twin Towers were there Cesar Pelli's World Financial Center brought balance to the skyline, softening the Trade Center towers and creating a composition that almost makes lower Manhattan look like a giant sand castle. When the Twin Towers were gone the World Financial center by itself looked bulky, boxy and bad in every way. Once larger towers rise behind it these buildings will once again frame the skyline in a satisfying way.

Goldman Sachs is a continuation of that frame and once the other buildings are completed it will work.

I love the shape and glass and metal texture of this building. To me, it has a beautiful form.
well put! i agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfisher View Post
I think this is just another addition to the already "boring" skyline of New York.

Its been done and seen before... not even the incredible simplicity of the structure does anything for it...

But... it isn't ugly... just insignificant.
"boring"? well then you must love the asian and especially south american skylines. lots of boxes there! at least NYC is trying to build differently even if it fails sometimes. you will never find such an unique skyscraper collection in the world!