View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2021, 3:29 PM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
Just found another picture of the O'Hare Global terminal that better shows the satellite concourses as well!

Looks like this will add some A380 gates in addition to the two A380 gates at Terminal 5! And this image shows an A380 parked towards bottom of the middle concourse. I know that some airlines are retiring their A380s, but I still hope that at least Emirates and British Airways bring their A380s back to O'Hare soon! Both have committed to keep their A380s and both have flown the A380 to O'Hare before (Emirates for a one-off and British Airways for 2 years until the pandemic).
Given that production that orders have stopped on the A380 I doubt that there will be many new gates made especially for the A380.

I think we have all seen that render before. With SOM winning the design of the satellite terminals I would expect at least a marginal if not radical redesign of the satellite terminals we see in that picture. Though that one picture doesn't tell us much about the satellite terminals other than a very distant view of the facade. I'm excited to see the detailed SOM renders whenever they do come out, hopefully soon.