View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2021, 7:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockies View Post
Not sure where I saw something about the rice eccles stadium parking lot being turned into something else eventually but I'm really curious if anyone has more details. It would be cool if the school turned that giant parking lot right next to the trax station into something. I know they have big plans for the research park
That was likely my post about why the 10 floor INTRO SLC project would fit in with the area.

I took a tour of an architecture firm several years ago in Salt Lake and I recall seeing a model of the stadium with a concept development around it. So conversations with the U had at least progressed that far.

I asked a few people, some didn't know about it and nobody seemed to know if the plan was still active or not.

I did get one person telling me that it was likely at the very least put on the back burner as the U had shifted focus to the massive research park redevelopment that was publicly announced last year.

Here is the Salt Lake Tribune article on that: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/06/...kable-amenity/

Research Park redevelopment

I hope the pandemic hasn't impacted the research park plans too much. If those plans go forward they will likely consume the U's attention for the rest of the decade.

Personally, I could totally see the stadium redevelopment concept being easily repurposed and pushed forward as the new Olympic Village when Salt Lake finally gets its chance to host again. Especially with the new Cauldron plaza area having been recently redone.

Last edited by Blah_Amazing; May 18, 2021 at 7:32 AM.