View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrobk View Post
As happy as I am to see I-95 capped there, oh how I wish they could have capped I-95 another block south to Dock Street, and in my perfect world up to Market Street as well. I wouldn't say it's necessary to cap over Columbus Boulevard too as long as they did something good with the space where those scissor ramps used to be (speaking of, what exactly is going there?), but alas.
If I had my way, I-95 would either run under Columbus Boulevard until north of the Girard Avenue exit, or it would be removed from PA completely (my preferred option). If the power was in my hands, the Jersey Turnpike would be resigned as I-95 in its entirety. The southern portion of the former I-95 (from the Delaware Memorial Bridge interchange to the Broad Street exit) would be resigned as I-495, which would funnel onto Columbus Boulevard/Delaware Avenue. The northern portion (the PA/NJ border down to Girard Avenue exit) would be resigned as I-295 and form a half-loop around the city. This would enable I-95 to be removed in both Philadelphia and Wilmington, giving Philly back its access to the Delaware River and Wilmington access to its northern/western neighborhoods.

I have an entire vision for highways in the Philadelphia area (specifically the city), which would likely lead to a reduction of highway miles in the region.

Temple University '18 ']['