View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 1:36 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardlow View Post
This one has been in the works for a while now (circa 2017), and around that time they wanted to close the building's main entrance and have the new hotel entrance be set back from the street, closer to the surface parking lot on the east side of the building (and isn't going anywhere). So, not very appropriate for the urban environment based on what we know about urbanism this side of, say, 1975. And it goes without saying anyone proposing this kind of car-oriented site design would be laughed out of the permits office in New York or Chicago, or even Minneapolis.

I really hope they are planning to at least keep the street-oriented entrance, though it doesn't look like it from the renderings.

Of course this project's architect will point to the lack of pedestrians and good precedents nearby as a reason why they should re-orient the building to cars. Like existing bad conditions are an excuse for new bad conditions.
This is off topic Wardlow. But I was riding by the Wardlow and noticed engraved into the facade is the address spelled Wardlow. But the current street name is Wardlaw. Any idea when or why that changed?