View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 18, 2020, 5:44 PM

I personally really like how regionalized beer production has become in terms of craft beer. Every city in Canada now has at least one independent brewery, and many of them are developing staying power and quality consistency similar to that of our historic national brands. The industry is evolving in that many of these brewers have grown to the point where they are more consistent and are able to get their products on shelves in grocery and liquor stores, as well as in all sorts of local restaurants and venues.

In the Windsor region, we have 15 independent breweries, but 3 or 4 of them are really good and have gotten big enough to the point where they've hit the mainstream and have their products in grocery stores and the LCBO. I hope they end up staying independent as they continue to grow, and not give in to the large corporations, like how larger independents Sleeman and Mill Street did.

There always will be a demand for truly Canadian beer, and the former large brands can't really provide that anymore since they've all been bought out by the multinational corporations. As a member of the younger generation, the traditional brands aren't as appealing anymore (except for university drinking, where only quantity matters haha), and it feels nicer to grab a pint knowing the money is going to a local company down the street.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread