View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 6:28 PM
No longer PDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuyoPiyo View Post
Those properties at La Center, Battleground, Ridgefield, whatever are not cheap. You should consider more north than those, like Amboy, Woodland, Yale, Cougar, they are cheap just becasue nobody want to live there. There's nothing but forest there.

Check out at MSN Homes for sale in Battleground, I see no cheap price there. It's just the same as Vancouver.

Sorry, I live in Vancouver whole my life, have been looking for house for sale for a year, so I know.
Actually I said "cheapy" not cheap, those houses are the typical 8000 sq. ft. McMansion's built of cardboard. Their not cheap to buy, but they are cheaply built to maximize profit for the developer.

I think the point we're all making here is if you work in Portland then live in Portland instead of expecting everyone to toss in a few $B for a new bridge and freeway project because you decided to live on the wrong side of the biggest river on the west coast from where you work.

Also, just wait until the new bridge and freeway project goes in and the developers start building the new "expensive" houses in Cougar and Woodland. That's how it works, buy some cheap land way out there where no one wants to live, build a freeway, a subdivision of McMansions and a Best Buy and sell at a huge profit. As the land prices go up and the freeway get clogged up, move out farther. Pretty soon your living in Houston.

I think the idea about upgrading the railroad bridge and adding a local access/freight bypass/LRT bridge is a great idea. I'll bet we'd be talking $1.5B tops.