View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 15, 2007, 4:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmyeyes View Post
BrG, re; Lake Oswego parking structure; So the above ground parking is in the core of the building? Sounds very interesting; hides the cars, could allow ready access to upper level shops, but not a very efficient use of above ground space. Below ground parking has plenty of negatives. Two I can think of off the top of my head are ventilation and just generally, I don't like parking underground. Well, I don't like parking in any structure, but underground is probably worse. I figure it's just a penalty for driving a car. Valet parking, as long as the service is optional, is the answer to that for those that have the money. Plus, it creates another job opportunity.
That is like the old broken window parable. Don't fall for that kind of make-work thinking Drmyeyes.

I don't like parking in a garage either. Reminds me of an old Seinfeld eppisode:
GEORGE: I can't park in a garage.
ELAINE: Why?
GEORGE: I don't know, I just can't. Nobody in my family can pay for parking, it's a sickness. My father never paid for parking; my mother, my brother, nobody. We can't do it.
ELAINE: I'll pay for it.
GEORGE: You don't understand. A garage. I can't even pull in there. It's like going to a prostitute. Why should I pay, when if I apply myself, maybe I could get it for free?