View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 1:00 AM

Hawkstone Condo by Pekarbilt

I have posted this in the regina construction thread. I decided to start a new thread because I would like to hear more comments of what can be done in getting the builder to address these issues. Hope they will see this.

I would like to listen you guys opinions on the works that my builder "PekarBilt" is taking to the condo which is still under construction. The images were recently taken after the heavy rainfall in Regina about 2 weeks ago. Comments are very much appreciated.

Most importantly, Emails with concerns have been raised to the builder but NONE reply has been received as of yet. They didn't answer me a single email on how this will be fixed and seemed to be ignoring my concerns but doing something that doesn't look right.

Is there another way I can bring this up to the City who approved for the building permit? If a large hollow pocket is found, my concern would be the stability of the concrete above. Should compaction be looked after properly? The builder simply ignored, or how can I bring this up and I just don't want them to finish a crappy job and leave.

A picture tells a thousand words, please have a look.

1. Ground started to settled after the rainfall on July 27, 2015

2. A closer look

3. A closer look on the other side showing a hollow pocket underneath the concrete pad

4. Measurement taken inside the hollow pocket, it is 4 ft across!

5. So, they removed the turf and tried to do something about it

6. You can see how much it has settled

7. Here comes the fix. Without digging down, they hauled in more dirt and trying to put more on top.

8. Today, they put the fill to concrete level but one sprinkler at the far corner was buried.

9. The buried sprinkler is 4" below ground now.

10. The gravel area has settled 6"

11. A closer look into the hollow pocket under the concrete pad, it is 4 ft across by about 6 ft long, I can easily insert the measuring tape from one side to the other!

From what I can see in the pictures, I don't know if they will remove the concrete pad and compact the gravel or soil underneath, looks like they are simply going to stuff in gravel from the side. What do you guys think? I don't know how much or how effective this fix is going to be? The concrete is sagging already, it seems that this is just going to be a matter of time when a crack formed and another settlement occurs.