View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 21, 2021, 10:01 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
And if you ever talked to our intelligence services, you'd realize that they have substantial ties to Canada's minority communities. And a diverse workforce that makes them especially cognizant of the threat that these families face from their homeland governments.

I worked with a naturalized Chinese Canadian in a position of some sensitivity. To this day, everybody aside from his parents think he's a boring public servant who does IT in Ottawa. He was probably more paranoid than the counter-intelligence folks. He was briefed and debriefed before any trips he took to visit family in China (his grandmother was still there). The idea that people would question the loyalty of folks like these is just disgusting to me. They are more willing than native born Canadians to put their lives on the line. And yet, some can just casually insinuate that they're disloyal in a conversation, because of their ethnicity.
I think it would be a bit naive though to think that if we have people living in other countries working for us, "against" their home country, that other countries aren't doing the same here on Canadian soil.

Though this is not necessarily related to ethnicity. Certainly not to the point where an entire group can be slandered for blanket (assumed) disloyalty.

Don't forget that our most traitorous spy in recent years was a guy named Cameron Ortis.