View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbssfelix View Post
I'll see what I can do.
Thanks that does add value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Anyway, I appreciate your priority list. I like the Broadway/Leetsdale line, but disagree completely with leaving Colfax out to dry, and would unquestionably trade away the 225 line to get it. Other stuff, like making the W line faster, is worth talking about but maybe outside the scope of re-imagining where to put lines.
With respect to East Colfax I've thought so long and hard over it I've gotten headaches. I've had nightmares over Colfax.

But I still have to disagree and I believe that if they do BRT right, that it will do the job. I understand the historical ridership numbers but the City of Denver has never cared about East Colfax. They've even had trouble getting buy-in for BRT.

If you think about it, while East Colfax is seeing growth most of the density being added near downtown has been or will be in a different direction/area.

I'm familiar with two urban light rail projects: in Phoenix and the Twin Cities Green Line.

Phoenix light rail, originally 20 miles, had a north-south segment along with its primary east-west route. It goes between two hot spots when you consider that Tempe has 55,000 students at its main campus and now another 10,000 students in downtown Phoenix. Downtown Tempe is now where all the corporate decision makers want to be.

With respect to the Twin Cities Green Line it goes between downtown Minneapolis and downtown St Paul as well as as the University of Minnesota. East Colfax goes from the edge of downtown Denver to nowhere north Aurora.

The original I-225 route was the H Line and was built as a part of T-REX for ~$42 million per mile. The H Line has always had the best ridership of all the suburb to city lines. The SE Corridor, now with both the E and F Lines does carry more riders than the H Line extended to and ending at the Florida Station. The new Florida Station however does have the best ridership of any station with zero parking and Nine Mile Station is still one of the top three stations for ridership outside of downtown.

Yeah, they never should have built the R Line.