View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
I would say it's to gauge public opinion on the building heights. The fact that there is a "taller and slimmer if shadow effects are improved" or whatever is a step in the right direction. A lot of the questions are poorly thought out though. Only options for transport are walk, bike, or drive? Really?

I don't think the height-related questions are slanted either way, and the public has the right to express its opinion. Not everyone is going to want 28 storey towers on the site but not everyone will have a problem with that either. The "how far should apart should multiple buildings on a single lot have to be" and "how much do wind and shadows matter" type questions are a bit more interesting and probably more important at this point in my opinion. At the end of the day I'm pretty sure the planning department (/council) has the final say anyway.
I think it's interesting that these kinds of surveys focus so much on "Is it too tall? Is it not tall enough? How tall should it be?" questions, and nobody thinks to ask, "Is it ugly? How could it be less ugly?"