View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 9, 2011, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Post2 View Post
Blanket coverage inside a given service area is ideal, even at the expense of the size of the service area, I agree.

For example, I like taking light rail during the day along the central corridor because I know I can walk to any station and the train will arrive within 5 minutes or so. I don't have to care about the schedule. Same with the 15 bus line and the 0 broadway line.

Now, apply that to bike sharing. I'm not going to sit at a computer and plan which station I'm going to bike to each time I'm going to take a trip out of fear that I won't find a destination station. If I have to do that, I'm much less likely to use the system. It's much better to know that I can take a bike on a whim and spot a station just about anywhere if I'm in (very) central denver than to be able to bike over a larger area and have to plan ahead to find a station.

Sorry if I'm just repeating what's already been discussed, but i'ts all about frequency of bike stations, just like it's all about frequency of transit service.
Get the phone app....